This Thanksgiving was truly one of the most enjoyable Thanksgivings in a very long time. Don't get me wrong. I love my family and every time we are together it is wonderful. BUT~ This year, the food was awesome, the company and conversation was nice and it didn't feel rushed at all.
Although hosting Thanksgiving is a lot work, I was really happy about how everyone enjoyed themselves. The leftover turkey is always welcome in my home and that includes the carcass that provides the broth for one of the recipes in the next weeks Thanksgiving leftover dinners!
The turkey carcass went into the crockpot Thanksgiving evening and simmered all night to make the wonderful broth that went into the soup. Using the whole turkey always makes me feel like I am not wasting a single bit of THANKSGIVING. My niece sat and watched me shove the bones into my crockpot along with water and some salt and pepper and asked what in the world kind of crockpot recipe called for turkey bones. Oh my dear girl! THIS is what you make soup broth from! Her shock at that fact was a complete shock to me. I didn't realize that so many youngsters do not have a clue as to what a real home cooked meal from scratch is.
Anyway, I went about my day... the smells of the soup floated through my home, allowing me day two of peace and tranquility. When it was all done, I looked at the bowl in front of me and I felt so very thankful because you know what? This bowl of turkey soup ROCKED!
If you are looking for a recipe, I will point you in the direction of Pinterest. I did not follow any specific recipe because I find that when I make my soups from scratch without a recipe, it comes out better for some reason. But I tell you...broth from the bones makes an amazing difference! (Steps on how to make broth can also be found on Pinterest!) TOODLES AND NOODLES! :-)



lovely blog!
ReplyDeleteYUM! That soup looks delicious! That's it. It's time for me to make soup, even though I have no bones. I'll figure something out.
ReplyDelete