Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Reflection...

It was raining and cold this morning as my husband and I made our way to work.  We saw a couple, carrying items, one of them plastic and we knew right away they were homeless.  It was dark and their heads were covered and I realized, they could very easily be anyone in my family and they are someone's family.  I was immediately brought to tears because I had been worried that my dogs were cold when they went outside.  My husband and I turned around to take them to a warm place and possibly get them some food and we could not find them.  My heart was broke.  Here I am worrying about my dogs and this young couple was homeless in the rain. 

I realize everyone has a choice to make.  Maybe they made a bad decision or maybe they just came on some hard times.  I DON'T KNOW...and I don't believe that's the point!  My heart hurt for them regardless.  I didn't plan on giving them cash, just in case their was substance abuse issues, but food? Yes.  Was I willing to take the chance of them not being appreciative? Yes.  Everyone has had moments in their lives where they felt they did wrong and the world turned their back...and it's very possible everyone did and had a right to.  Is it possible that someone, anyone,  could be that person to spark the hope back into their hearts?

My heart is heavy because we could not find them but I realize that may have been how it was supposed to be because an idea came to mind.  Tonight, I will put my ideas into motion.  I will build small Homeless kits to keep in my vehicle for when I come across those asking for help.  Maybe that's not what they will want, but you know what?  That's what MY HEART says is the right thing to do. 



2 comments:

  1. I love those words by Mother Teresa. I'd never heard them before so thanks for sharing them here. You never know who you will touch with your words nowaday . Sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me, Pammy Sue. And I meant "nowadays"! I hate making typos!

    ReplyDelete