Monday, December 1, 2014

Blogging...

I have a confession to make.  My name is Butterfly and I lurk on your blogs. 

How is it that I've had my own blog for the past few years and just can't seem to BLOG...

When I lurk...LURK, LURK, LURK...that is a dark, sinister sounding word isn't it?  I like ADMIRE...WHEN I ADMIRE your blogs, I want to pop right over to my own blog and just jot down what's on my mind.  Your blogs are such an inspiration! 

So, I click the compose button...Type out my thoughts and then I re-read and DELETE... it's gone.

WHY?  I've been trying to figure that out.  I guess I am afraid of adding "blogging stress" to my overflowing life plate.  What is blogging stress?  I don't want to question myself....Am I blogging enough? Am I blogging too much?  Is someone going to get offended by this or that?  (How anyone can get offended by a crocheted doily, I really don't know, but I've seen it happen!) Do I check every 5-10-15-30 minutes?  Can anyone see where I live?  Is someone going to stalk me and come steal my doilies????? Sigh...  Am I the only over thinker out there? 

Well, I guess I wouldn't know unless I tried. 

 
December is here!! Time for all my Christmas decor to come out of hibernation!! I'm not one to stress about Christmas shopping.  I realize I have bought ZERO gifts for my loved ones but I am the type of person who believes that gifts are not the focus during the holiday season.  It will get done...or not...whatever...
 
Hello blogland!
 

2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! I was a lurker for years before I took the plunge and started blogging on my own. I've found the key is to keep your camera handy and take pictures of something -- anything! -- every day, and post them. I don't care if it's a rock in your backyard. It will get you started! It works for me. But if you just can't get comfortable, blogging is not for everyone and you can be a lurker if that's what you want! Thank you for commenting and letting me know you're there. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm glad you're blogging. I was a lurker for a long time too - years - before I started my blog and I'm soooo glad I did it. I think it's one of the best choices I've ever made for myself. It has done me so much good. I second Pammy's advice, just start writing and taking photos, of anything. You will figure out what you like to talk about and the readers will come. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete