Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I find myself...

...thinking about how my pictures will fit into a blog post.  All pictures... I guess that's a good thing because my brain is rolling along at a great pace and not focused on things that do not matter... but see, I take a lot of pictures and that's ALOT of thinking! 

It's also pretty exciting that I am on a bit of a roll these last few days here in blogland and I've had blog views and comments (YIPPPEEEEEE!) with advice and sweet words cheering me on!  Thank you each and every one!!!


 
I am currently waiting patiently for this Amaryllis to grow up! Im not sure what it is about the forced bulbs that make me so happy but every day I spend way too much time staring at it as if that will help the growth process... I can't wait to see the color. Im guessing its red but the information didn't say, so that adds to my excitement!  More pics to come! 

 
This is what is in my working crochet bag right now.  That means it goes everywhere with me. These colors will be perfect for more Christmas doilies and runners that match.  You know what's interesting?  I couldn't tell you how many times I have heard how shocked people are because they haven't seen anyone do "that" since "their Granny's were alive."  I've heard and read that crochet is a dying art.  Thank goodness my daughter loves the doilies, runners, granny blankets etc. that I have...because guess who's getting those in my will?  I certainly hope she learns how to crochet soon because I have a stash of yarn that will go to her too!  Does anyone else have a ridiculous stash of yarn?  I'm looking for ways to organize, so feel free to offer suggestions.  Building another 2,000 square foot room to my home just to store my yarn would be perfect!  Unfortunately, the hubs said it's not going to happen....  :-/


 

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing and also following my blog, im following back even i dont see a followers widget...you are on my list....blessings❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me about the stash? Of course!! I think every crocheter is a yarn hoarder...the more the better! I have yarn coming out my ears and everywhere else. Ha-ha. I just keep buying it. Glad you enjoyed the doily pattern. The pattern is still over on my sidebar and on Ravelry. You should try making a small one with thread. It's a real confidence-builder. It just takes getting use to, but your brain does adjust to it. I see you are as fascinated with watching your bulb as I am!

    ReplyDelete